Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back In The Saddle

So, as you can apparently tell (if I have any readers left at all besides myself), I took a pause. What can I say? Life got busy. To sum things up, we had a great time in Maine and came home in September. I never thought I'd be so happy to see a Bojangles in my life. It's February now and we're both still looking for jobs. I keep praying and having patience and faith. The right job is out there. I don't know where yet, but it's out there!

In the meantime we've tackled various projects. We canned this fall and made a large amount of jams, jellies (well, we attempted jellies), preserves, and other such things. They proved to be very popular Christmas gifts and we may have to try doing the same thing year after year. It'll be really nice when we have our own fruits and vegetables to can. We've cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the house yet it always seems to be a mess. I'm not sure how that happens. I guess it's a result of two adults living here and not leaving sometimes for 4 to 5 days at a time. We've visited friends and family. We're sorting out ideas for a business plan and I'm thinking of writing a cookbook. Now we just have to turn those two things into a reality.

At the moment I'm working on cross stitching a sampler for my Grandaddy's 77th birthday. At the rate I'm going I might be finished with it by May. His birthday is March 1st. I'm sure if I bake him a banana cake he'll be OK with waiting the real present out.

I am very much looking forward to two things this weekend. The first is a "girl's day out" with my mom, her sister, her mom, and myself. This should be fun! My Aunt Bobbi doesn't get to come visit very much so we were all very excited about her arrival today. The second is our Super Bowl Party on Sunday. So far the attendance is looking pretty slim but that's OK. The people who come will have a rip roarin' good time and lots of food and I'll take lots of pictures to share with you.

Well, in all actuality, that's the excitement of my life right now. I'll work on my photojournalistic chronicles of my days again starting tomorrow. Maybe that'll make this much more interesting to read. But, they always say that the first step is the hardest so I went ahead and made that first step back into the blog world tonight.

That's all for now.

DAW

No comments:

Post a Comment