Friday, February 19, 2010

Super Late Super Bowl Report

As I previously posted, I have found MANY blog-worthy photos on my camera. Today's topic: our fabulous 1st (hopefully annual) Super Bowl party. It was a smashing success and we had a TON of food. The Colts lost but everyone seemed to have a great time and I don't think anyone left hungry.

First on the menu: CUPCAKES!

Of the mini variety. Note to anyone interested: Just 1 box of cake mix will make 96 miniature cupcakes. You and your waistline have been warned. But don't they stack up pretty. Don't worry, this is not all 96, there are more pictured later in the post. These were just the "extras".

This is our well accessorized Offspring dog, Sirius. I bought some Mardi Gras beads at the Dollar Store and I thought it would be funny to make the dogs wear them.

All went well until Matriarch Canine, Missy, (pictured above) decided that the necklace was a chew toy. This ended dress up time for the puppies. But weren't they cute?


Just a few of the dips we had available. It was a BYOC&B party. Bring your own chips & beverages.

The rest of our dips. You can't see the dips per se but they aren't the showcase in this picure. The showcase item us the kick butt triple crock pot! It was a FABULOUS Christmas gift from Moma & Daddy. Thanks!!

Now, the rest of the cupcakes. I was so proud of my cupcake football field. I had originally hoped to have enough room to have the proper number of yard lines and have them numbered complete with hash marks but, this was pretty impressive none the less. That is, in my own extremely biased opinion.
On a non-Super Bowl related note, my interview went well today. I feel pretty optimistic about a call back. We'll just have to pray and see what happens!
Well, it's late and I think I might try to persuade Hubby that it's bedtime. I hope all is well in your world!
DAW

No comments:

Post a Comment