Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cookie Monster

Today I had intended to blog about my addiction to dinnerware.  My old favorites.  My new favorites.  The fact that the only pattern I have a full set of is my fine crystal.  BUT, between a trip to Sam's, job applications, visiting my daddy, and watching Con Air, my pictures never got taken and that blog didn't gestate to a proper birth weight.  So, what I can tell you about is my late night baking of cookies last night.  You see, yesterday I was trying to find something incredible to make for supper (I didn't, we won't go there) and I came across the recipe for Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I didn't make them right off.  In fact, Hubby and I tried to resist the temptation of making and eating any kind of delicious baked goodies.  That lasted until about ten o'clock.  Then we caved.  Well, I caved to Hubby and made him some cookies.

The secret to a good chocolate chip cookie is MINI chocolate chips.  Besides, everything tastes better when it's small.  Everything has less calories when it's small.  And they're just so darn cute!




Again, the name of the game here is small.  See my tiny scooper there?  It's the perfect size for awesome cookies.  Now, let me just note that I could have stopped right here, used the red spatula there, and just eaten the stuff out of the bowl.  But then what would Hubby do without the cookies I promised him?






Lick the paddle.  That's what he'd do!!  Ain't he cute?





JUST KIDDING!  You didn't think I'd go through all that trouble just to let him lick a paddle did you?  Of course not!  Besides, look at his face.  It's saying "Please bake the cookies honey.  Please!  I love you so much and I promise I'll clean out the litter box for the rest of our lives."  Well, maybe I embellished a little.  Maybe he didn't promise to clean the litter box.  But he did say please!

So, maybe tomorrow, somewhere between going to the Farmer's Market, doing the laundry I said I'd do for the past three days, and cleaning today's dishes, I'll get to that blog post where I'll take the first step to recovery.  Admitting I have a problem.  Hello, my name is Danielle and I'm a Dish-o-holic.

No comments:

Post a Comment